How to Apply for Degree and Certificate Programs
Category: How to Apply
Applicants are responsible for completing an interview with the director of admissions or designated representative and submitting:
- A complete application package, including the online application form.
- A $60 application fee (non-refundable). PLEASE SUBMIT 1 AND 2 PRIOR TO THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW.
- Letters of recommendation. Master degree and Certificate program students must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. Doctoral students must submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Doctoral students must submit a copy of their curriculum vitae or resume.
- A copy of your driver’s license or picture ID.
- A recent photo of yourself.
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions must be mailed directly from the school to the Hawthorn University Registrar at P.O. Box 275, Whitethorn, CA 95589
- Submit a 500-1000 word personal statement including:
- Your future goals and reasons for wanting to attend Hawthorn University.
- A personal or professional achievement that made you feel empowered or proud. This experience may be a significant challenge that you faced in your life and how you overcame it.
- The ways you will manage your responsibilities to allow the time and energy necessary to succeed in the program including the number of hours you feel you can devote to your studies per day or per week.
Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Matriculating students will be required to review and sign a digital Program Enrollment Agreement and a Fact Sheet. Non-matriculating students will need to digitally sign a Fact Sheet and will be required to sign a Course Enrollment Agreement when the course is requested. Upon the Registrar's receipt of the above documentation students will be officially enrolled in Hawthorn University's orientation course. This short online orientation must be completed before a course is released to the student. Orientation will guide the students through their personal online Hawthorn learning portal and assist them in gaining familiarity with the learning process at Hawthorn.
Applications and deposits will be held for one full year from the date submitted. Should a student feel the need to delay his/her start, no additional fees will be charged as long as the timeframe does not exceed one year.
NOTE: Please submit your application and pay the application fee prior to submitting any of the required documentation.
Click here to view a sample Enrollment Agreement.