How to Apply for Degree and Certificate Programs
Applicants are responsible for submitting:
- A complete application package, including the online application form.
- A $60 application fee (non-refundable). PLEASE SUBMIT 1 AND 2 PRIOR TO THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW.
- Letters of recommendation. Master degree and Certificate program students must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. Doctoral students must submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Doctoral students must submit a copy of their curriculum vitae or resume.
- A copy of your driver’s license or picture ID.
- A recent photo of yourself.
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions must be mailed directly from the school to the Hawthorn University Registrar at P.O. Box 275, Whitethorn, CA 95589
- Submit a 500-1000 word personal statement including:
- Your future goals and reasons for wanting to attend Hawthorn University.
- A personal or professional achievement that made you feel empowered or proud. This experience may be a significant challenge that you faced in your life and how you overcame it.
- The ways you will manage your responsibilities to allow the time and energy necessary to succeed in the program including the number of hours you feel you can devote to your studies per day or per week.
Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Matriculating students will be required to review and sign a digital Program Enrollment Agreement and a Fact Sheet. Non-matriculating students will need to digitally sign a Fact Sheet and will be required to sign a Course Enrollment Agreement when the course is requested. Upon the Registrar's receipt of the above documentation students will be officially enrolled in Hawthorn University's orientation course. This short online orientation must be completed before a course is released to the student. Orientation will guide the students through their personal online Hawthorn learning portal and assist them in gaining familiarity with the learning process at Hawthorn.
Applications and deposits will be held for one full year from the date submitted. Should a student feel the need to delay his/her start, no additional fees will be charged as long as the timeframe does not exceed one year.
NOTE: Please submit your application and pay the application fee prior to submitting any of the required documentation.
Click here to view a sample Enrollment Agreement.
- Category: How to Apply
How to Apply for Continuing Education Courses and Credit-Bearing Courses as a Non-Matriculating Students
Applicants interested in the Continuing Education (CE) courses are required to fill out demographic information on the application and submit a photo ID. There is no application fee for any course in the CE program. Written permission from a legal guardian is required for admission of a person under legal age.
Adults not matriculating for a degree or certificate who are interested in taking individual elective courses for personal or professional advancement must enter the University as a non-matriculating student and fill out an application. No application fee will be charged. Non-matriculating students are subject to the same admission requirements as their program of interest. For example, students who want a master’s level course must show proof of an earned bachelor’s degree and must submit a photo ID. Students interested in taking courses in the WTNC or MSTN program must be members of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
Should a non-matriculating student decide to enroll into a program at a later date, a new program application must be submitted along with all required documentation for admission into the program. A $60 application fee (non-refundable) will be charged. For additional information, questions, or assistance contact Kathleen McDermott, Director of Admissions & Student Management, at or call Kathy at 707-986-4153, Ext. 401 during office hours M-F, 9 am - 5 pm ET.
- Category: How to Apply